MAINTENANCE & CLEANING GUIDE
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR BRASS STOFF NAGEL CANDLE HOLDER:
The special brass candle holder is made of solid brass. It has not been given any chemical coating which means that it will patinate over a period of time due to the oxidation process.
Oxidation is a chemical process that will slowly begin as soon as the product comes in contact with oxygen. After the candle holder is manufactured and carefully is being packed in our packaging, it will naturally be exposed to oxygen. Therefore, the candle holder may have traces of oxidation already as brand new.
If you get stains from candles or prefer your brass candle holder to stay shiny, follow these steps:
1. Remove candle drips and oxidation by placing the candle holder in hot water (not boiling).
2. Add citric acid (2 tablespoons to 1 liter) and a drop of detergent and stir.
3. Place the candle holder in the bowl and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
4. Wipe thoroughly with a soft cloth.
5. Use brass polish to remove any small oxidation spots and bring back the shiny look.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR CHROME, BLACK OR ANTIQUE STOFF NAGEL CANDLE HOLDER:
1. If you get stains from candles, you can remove candle drips by placing the candle holder in hot water. Avoid using citric acid.
2. The black and antique candle holders have a matt coating and do not need to be polished after removing drips from candles. If you prefer your chrome candle holder to stay shiny, you can polish with silver polish to remove small spots and bring back the shiny look. Rub in silver polish with a soft cloth, let the cream dry and then polish.